*The following programme is in teach-out phase and thus it will not be offered for a 1st year intake in 2020.We apologise for the inconvenience caused and invite prospective students to discuss alternative study programmes with our student consultants at the college. Current students who previously enrolled for this accredited programme will continue to completion of the programme.
The Diploma in Fleet Management provides a consolidation of broad knowledge, skill and values needed in fleet management and associated fields e.g. transport and logistics. The programme will:- Facilitate access to, and mobility within fleet administration.
It is a valuable programme for those practitioners in fleet operations that have worked in the industry for many years but who have not obtained any formal qualification. Assist students to obtain a formally recognised qualification and to articulate to other related learning programmes on the NQF. Capacitate students to develop the required expertise to effect changes in the work environment that will benefit the employer directly and the country indirectly.
This programme is endorsed by the South African Vehicle Renting and Leasing Association (SAVRALA)
The programme duration is 3 years minimum.
Learners could pursue a career in the following fields:
- Transport and Logistics Management
- Fleet supervisor
- Fleet manager
- Various positions at Car Rental Agencies, Banks etc.
- Shipping Manager
- Fleet Consultant
- Fleet Analyst
Upon successful completion of your programme, you will receive a certificate depicting: - Diploma in Fleet Management and an academic transcript. These documents will be issued at the annual graduation ceremony,
couriered to the nearest branch or posted to you, provided that your account is in order.
It is the learners responsibility to ensure they meet all the programme requirements before a qualification can be
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40% - 49%) in 4 recognised 20 credit-bearing subjects
- English at grade 12/NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Age Exemption (23 years or older)
- At least five years of post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wishes to study
and Proof of English language proficiency and
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
*Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme