The programme provides an objective understanding of controllable factors in a companys operations which helps in strategic decision making and daily operational control. It will also benefit students who wish to develop their ability within a financial, human resources and marketing environment and/or enhance their financial management experience. To be successful in this field, attention to detail, the ability to analyse, process data timeously and accurately are highly valued and regarded as critical.
This programme is a perfect springboard into the exciting world of finance, accounting, human resources, public relations and marketing. The aim of this programme is to respond by providing students with a range of relevant and essential business and financial/accounting skills that will increase opportunities for their successful contribution to, and growth in, the business environment.
This programme is directed at persons with some foundational management knowledge and work experience, who would like to expand their management competencies in key areas of general management and related disciplines such as marketing, finance, public relations and the management of human resources. In addition, it will be of benefit to individuals who intend starting and growing their own businesses and who understand that general management skills form an integral part of any successful and sustainable business.
The programme duration is 3 years minimum.
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- Financial Manager
- Financial Executive
- Senior Accountant
- Financial Investment Advisor
- Actuarial Analyst
- Business Advisor
- Human Resources Practitioner
- Marketing Manager
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business Owner
- Public Relations Manager (Private and Public Sector)
- Media Consultant
Upon successful completion of your programme, you will receive a certificate depicting: - Diploma in Management and an academic transcript. These documents will be issued at the annual graduation ceremony,
couriered to the nearest branch or posted to you, provided that your account is in order.
It is the learners responsibility to ensure they meet all the programme requirements before a qualification can be
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40% - 49%) in 4 recognised 20 credit-bearing subjects
- English at grade 12/NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Age Exemption (23 years or older)
- At least five years of post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wishes to study
and Proof of English language proficiency and
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme